A state-of-the-art facility and a new model of doing research.
Funded by Canada Foundation for Innovation, BC Knowledge Development Fund and SFU, our $41 million facility opened in January 2007. 4D LABS offers a model where our users have open access to cutting edge analytical and fabrication equipment in one place. 4D LABS is your one-stop-shop institute for materials research.
- Class 100 Clean Room with Class 1 mini-environments
- Specializing in microfabrication and nanofabrication
- Advanced lithography, etching, and deposition tooling
- Characterizing materials using XPS, XRD, PEEM/LEEM, and others
- Materials analysis and growth of thin films and crystals
- Characterizing materials using SEM, FIB, STEM, EDS, EELS, E-Holography, AFM/STM
- Specializing in high resolution electron and scanning probe microscopy
- Laboratory for Advanced Spectroscopy and Imaging Research (LASIR)
- Exploring new frontiers in photonics
- Analysis of materials with nano- and femtosecond lasers
- Advanced imaging with two-photon laser scanning confocal microscope
Visiting Scientists’ Laboratory
- Enabling face-to-face collaboration with researchers from around the world